Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother’s Day

DSCF0742

We started celebrating Mother’s Day on Saturday. Papa and Selena gave me this beautiful pink rose and a very lovely card. Since I had been outside all week with Selena, Papa actually suggested that he take her out and believe me I enjoyed the peacefulness of my couch, and a good movie. I haven’t just laid on the couch and watched a movie all by myself since before Selena was born. I truly think this was one of the best days I have had in a long time.

When the movie was over I did join Papa and Selena outside for some fun in the sun. Selena was pretty tired today from all the sun throughout the week, so we enjoyed laughing and just being together. While we did take a short nature walk around the property, it was really nice just to sit in the yard. Selena got to learn how grass goes to seed when it is not mowed. She thought it was cool to spread the grass seed around in hopes that it will grow more grass.

We also made our way out to the barn to see what the horses were doing. The two paints were out in the back field, but as always Emma was near her stall, and took time from her eating to pose for a picture. Selena loves the horses, she enjoys watching them. She loves it when I will pick up extra apples or carrots so that she can give them a treat.

0512121839_0001

I count my blessings everyday for the opportunity to share all of this with Selena and Papa.

Today we will go to church and I would suppose we will spend more time out in the sun. Who knows where we might end up, or what we will find. I am sure it will be a lot of fun though.

Happy Mother’s Day!

Pin It

3 comments: