Sunday, March 31, 2013

Bountiful Basket Week 8

DSCF1701

We got another great basket from Bountiful Baskets yet again this week. I have to say I have not been disappointed one bit in the produce we get each week. This week we got:

  • Butter lettuce
  • 5 cucumbers
  • 4 baking potatoes
  • 8 Roma tomatoes
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • 3 Zucchini
  • 1 pineapple
  • 2 Granny Smith apples
  • 4 pears
  • 1 lb. Strawberries
  • 9 Bananas

We will use the vegetables in salads with exception to the celery which I will chop up and freeze for cooking.

The fruit never goes to waste as we just eat that. Selena loves having all her bananas.

I encourage you to check your area to see if there is a Bountiful Basket Co-Op in your area. We have saved so much money all the way around and my grocery bill for the month was a huge $186.00 for the entire month, that is down from the average of $375.00 that I normally spend. Sure I make a contribution of $15.00 per week for my basket, but try buying this amount of produce every week from the grocery store.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment