Saturday, November 17, 2012

Being Thankful

being_thankful_card

It is always this time of year when everyone starts sharing the things they are thankful for. I know on Facebook friends have been sharing their blessings everyday. I have so much to be thankful for and hope I never take a day for granted that I haven’t found my blessing and the little things I am thankful for. There truly is no way that I can list every single thing that I am thankful for, so here is the most important things:

  1. God, He first loved me! He sent His Son to die for my sin.
  2. Papa. My best friend, companion, husband, the love of my life.
  3. My children. Even though we are apart by miles they are always near in my heart. They give me much joy and we have shared many laughs as well as tears. My love for them has never faltered from the love I had the day they were born.
  4. My parents. They taught me many things but mostly they taught me no matter what to always look for the good in every situation and to just be me.
  5. My siblings. While at times we are not that close, the bonds that bind our hearts together, the memories that we share could never be replaced or stolen away.
  6. My grandchildren. Selena who has been at my side through all the rough times and through all the good. Junior who has shown us just how strong a child can truly be. Both bring me tears of joy, love, and laughter.
  7. My home. The place where I can rest my weary body, dance and sing, love and laugh.
  8. Friends, They are always there to listen, support, laugh, pray, rejoice and love.
  9. My bloggy friends and facebook friends, who share laughs, enjoy a little chat, encourage, pray, and truly make my life feel more complete.  

My list could go on and on with all the things I am thankful for, these are just a few, but it is my hope that no one takes life for granted, that everyday they take the time to look for the good in all situations, even when the good is very difficult to find. Try to be thankful for something every single day.

With Thanksgiving and all the preparations that will be taking place to get ready I will be taking a short blogging break. With that said it is my prayer and hope that each and everyone of you

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Great post. We all have a lot to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your week

    I've been thinking about all that I'm thankful for and high up on that list is my friends I've made blogging like you :)

    ReplyDelete