Monday, January 16, 2012

Snow Day

100_6016

We woke up Sunday morning to almost 5 inches of snow. I had been up for a good part of the night and enjoyed the peacefulness of watching it fall. Not that I wouldn’t have rather been asleep, but once I woke and discovered it snowing I was not able to go back to sleep. Selena cracked me up when she first woke up and looked out the window, “SNOW!” I asked her how it got there? She said, “Probably from the snowflakes!”

100_6028

Pal was the first one to venture out into the snow. He was really enjoying himself out there. It was fun to watch him. In the meantime inside the house Papa was getting ready to go out and clear the snow off the vehicles, so I hurried up and got Selena ready to go out too.

100_6037

Both her and Papa were out for about an hour and a half before I called them in for a hot bowl of cream of wheat. Of course you know once all the toes and fingers were warmed back up it was time for more outside fun.

100_6039

100_6043

Enjoy some of the random pictures of all the joy and beauty that we found as we enjoyed our snow. Wonder how much more we will get, they certainly did not predict this amount in the first round of the storm.

100_6038

100_6036

100_6031

100_6018

I am sure we will be back out enjoying more of this winter wonderland. Papa and Selena tried to build a snowman but the snow was too dry to pack very well for that, boy I don’t know that I have ever seen such dry fluffy snow here. It is sure beautiful though!

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. "Probably from the snowflakes" - Selena's pretty sharp :) Care to send some of that white stuff over the mountain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to send it all over the mountains.

      Delete
  2. Wow that's a lot of snow. Or it seems like a lot. I've been enjoying watching the FB updates with your snow pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send some my way, too. The boys are dying for some snow. We haven't had any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to send it your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have given you the Liebster Award, follow this link to get it

    http://blog.thelearningcottage.com/2012/01/sharing-and-passing-liebster-award-i.html

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I am a little jealous, but then I keep reminding myself how much I hate driving in the snow :) Enjoy it while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete