Sunday, November 13, 2011

Turkey Craft

100_5715

This is Selena’s turkey. She had to color it yellow so it is hard to see. I went out and found some of the dry leaves that had blown in on our porch. Using Selena’s fist, with her thumb sticking out we drew around her hand. She colored it first, Like I said she just had to have a yellow turkey, and as you notice she wouldn’t give him legs.

She then glued the leaves on for the tail feathers. Using clear contact paper we sealed it to make Selena’s Thanksgiving placemat. She wouldn’t wait for the leaves to dry before starting this part, so you can see our efforts to keep wrinkles out didn’t work real well. That’s OK, as I figure this is a good way for her to learn that each step in a project truly needs to be followed.

100_5710

I do believe she is pretty proud of her project. She continues to say, “I love my hand turkey!”

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Like I told Leah, handprint turkeys are a classic for the younger crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! We did some hand turkeys yesterday too - Anna is pretty familiar with this project both from school and preschool. She even managed to trace her own hand. I'll probably share ours later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh, I am so behind on doing anything with Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of turning it into a placemat - very nice!

    ReplyDelete