Friday, September 2, 2011

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal #11

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…

It’s been one of those weeks with its ups and downs, but I am so over the down spots and ready to move forward to what Autumn will hold. With a lot of prayer and sisterly love my dear friend and I have plunged through our differences. I don’t know about you but it always makes me feel so good when we can come together through our differences and opinions to just let them be that so that we can move on to the best parts of friendship.  

In our homeschool this week…

We didn’t open a single school book this week. That is not to say there wasn’t a lot of learning going on though. We have read lots of books, played, and truly enjoyed just being together.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Sometimes it is just as important to just put the books away, and enjoy our children on their terms. Down time can be very rewarding in itself.

I am inspired by…

This week I have been very inspired by a couple of people, one being my dear friend Carrie. I watched as she prepared to send her children off to for their first day of school, she carried herself with so much grace while knowing that once again her house will be empty through the day. As she said, “Bring on the dog!”

Another person who inspired me was a older lady in our church. She was a shear picture of how God’s grace and love can help in any situation.

My favorite thing this week was…

The healing that has taken on in Selena’s body. We asked for a very speedy recovery and hardly a week out she is only dealing with the final healing from where they lanced the two areas. What could have taken nearly a month or longer to heal from, she has healed in a very short period of time.

I’m grateful for…

My Church family and friends. Those who have cared enough to pick up the phone and just inquire on Selena and myself. Those who have thought enough to see if we need anything and even go and bring us the little things that either we needed or just the things that made our days more cheerful.

I’m praying for…

All the children who are starting public school, the schools, and the teachers for a safe and a year full of fun, laughter and learning.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

100_5248

Tea is Served!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad she's doing so much better.

    I love the picture of Selena with the tea set at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome that you have caring friends, and I love that you think of everyone who started (or about to start) sending their kids off to school. I am also happy to learn that Selena is healing nicely. I read an article on cnn.com yesterday about MRSA - really nasty thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you said in your "tips" section. It's so true! Sometimes we get so wrapped up in getting "school done" or whatever that we forget that sometimes it's more beneficial just to be together. That's one of the reasons we homeschool, not to have to be on a schedule all the time, stuck inside or in text books all day! Lovely advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad Selena is doing well. Your advice to just appreciate our children on their own terms is so wise...I have been trying to do more of that this year, but sometimes I fail!

    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete