Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Geography/History

geographyhistory

100_4029 

Our Geography lesson this week truly runs side by side with our stART project that will post tomorrow.  After using Selena’s Nativity set to reenact the story we read from The First Christmas by Nonny Hogrogian, we pulled out our bible and located where Mary and Joseph began in Nazareth, and how they traveled to Bethlehem where Jesus was born.

Selena jumped up to try to find the book we read about the Pioneers, which sadly she did not find as it went back to the library. I did like how she related the story of how Joseph and Mary traveled by donkey to how the pioneers traveled. We then discussed how man has always traveled to far off places without the use of modern day inventions that we have today.

Selena cracked me up when she was telling Papa that night how she learned where Jesus was “borned.” I encourage you to check out our stART post tomorrow to see the rest of our lesson.

We look forward to seeing what you have been learning in your homes this week.

I had considered dropping this linky until after the holidays. I doubt I will be doing much with Geography during this time. After some consideration though, I decided to continue it weekly and open it up to those who might be taking a break from their normal formal education and who would love to share Christmas in their home. This means you can link Geography/History studies, or just link up a post sharing with us what the holidays look like in your home.

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. It's a great idea to look at the map while reading about this journey! By the way, did you know that Nazareth in the largest Arab city in Israel? Most Arabs living there are Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me to link my post from today! Thanks for hosting.

    My kids love to look at maps when we read books. I hope they always love to learn so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved following along with the maps during Bible lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping to trace the map of their journey with the kids, a little closer to Christmas, when we turn our focus away from the legends, completely back to the Bible account.

    Interesting that Selena thought of the hardships of the pioneers, and connected it to Mary and Joseph - her mind is working!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Borned" seems like a very logical word to me. :)

    Fun to mix in a history lesson with celebrating Christmas!

    ReplyDelete