Saturday, November 27, 2010

Our Thanksgiving Part 2

100_3965

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal. Selena just kept telling us that this was the perfect feast. Selena wasn’t in much of a mood to help me with the preparations like I had hoped, instead she was just so excited for the day that she ran from one end of the house to the other end of the house laughing with joy.

I’m Thankful For

  1. My faith that has guided me through some rough times but continues to be my rock.
  2. My health, to think that two years ago I was just preparing to start the fight for my life.
  3. Michael, for all the love and support any wife could ask for.
  4. My daughter, Selena’s mother, the sparkle in her eyes, and the kindness in her voice.
  5. My Son, a very strong young man, a hard worker, very independent, but still a mommy’s boy.
  6. Selena, my lovely granddaughter, the joy of my life, her passion, laughter, and enthusiasm for life.
  7. My brothers, all quite different, but with the same unconditional love passed down from our parents.
  8. Our home.
  9. Friends.
  10. All my family those who have gone home before us, and those still with us.

There are many things that I am thankful for this is just the short list. I hope that everyone had as great of a Thanksgiving as we had. I hope for safe travels for those who traveled away from home for Thanksgiving.

I will probably be off here for the next couple of days to just spend some much needed time with Michael and Selena. I will be back refreshed and renewed as we begin to go into the rest of the holiday season.

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break. That is a wonderful list to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time with your family. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed my visit with you!
    Blessings,
    Debra
    http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete