Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday


On Sunday morning Selena decided to practice her days of the week. She got up to her calendar and began:

  • Sundayday
  • Mondayday
  • Wednesdayday
  • Thursdayday
  • Fridayday

It was all we could do to not laugh. I told her she did a great job then asked her if she wanted to read them off the calendar with me. She’s learning!

I strained my back on Wednesday when I was helping Selena get into her car seat. This weekend while sitting with my heating pad, Selena looked up and in an attempt to tell me that my heating pad was off she said, “Mama your red is bleeding.” It took me a while to figure out what she was talking about. She just kept repeating, “Your Red is bleeding.” Finally I asked her where, what red, she pointed to the red light on the thermostat for my heating pad, I chuckled and explained, “Oh you mean my light is blinking.”

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. My folks are reaching the point now where they talk like that, too. Interesting how our vocabulary circles back around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selena is too funny - I am amazed that you figured out what she is talking about. I hope your back is better by now!

    ReplyDelete