Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Birthday!

My Baby
24 years ago I was in the hospital delivering this handsome man. It is hard at times to believe it was truly that long ago, that God blessed me with this bundle of joy. Looking back over those years, I miss his loving heart and generosity that he always showed to others. His creativity, his desire to learn everything about the world around him. He definitely was a mommy's boy until he was about 7 years old, and another kid made fun of him for wanting a hug from mommy when he fell off his bike, even with that said, he still in private wanted to remain that mommy's boy.
I think back to a conversation we had one time in the car, TJ was about 9 at the time it went like this:
TJ: When I grow up I am going to have 10 kids.
Me: How are you going to support 10 kids?
TJ: I am going to be a fireman, a policeman, and the list went on.
Me: If you are working all those jobs when will you have time for your kids?
TJ: Don't worry I will make the time.
I guess in a way he has everything he wants, minus the wife and the kids oh and all the careers, but he makes a mean cook in a restaraunt doing exactly what he has always loved to do, cook and eat!
I feel very blessed to have him as my son and am very proud of him! He still has a heart of gold, and still has that same compassion and generosity for those around him.
Now don't tell Selena that this is my baby as today she informed me when I said her Uncle TJ was my baby, "NO I am your baby mama!" Truly she is my baby, but TJ will always be MY baby! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kiddo!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment