Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Has Arrived

DSCF1902

After working all day long in the garden yesterday, we decided today would be a great day to pull out the swimming pool. Selena had a lot of fun splashing and throwing water balloons. I just wish we had a little more shade in our yard though, as between two days in the sun we all were pretty hot, tired, and even sun burned even though we poured on the sunscreen.

We finally got Selena to play with the hose after watching her fill her pool only to wind the hose back up, then go pull it out again. She wasn’t sure at first about the idea of just leaving the hose out. Once I finally got a hold of the hose and showed her how to hold her thumb over the end and spray the water the fun began. We sprayed her, and she sprayed us. I think at this point the pool kind of lost her attention. She washed down the fence, her swing set and even the dog got drenched.

Under a lot of protest from one soaked little girl, we finally decided it was time to get in out of the sun. I know it is going to be hot again tomorrow, but Selena and I have already resolved to staying in doors. We’ve had enough sun the last couple of days.

To let you all know after my post here, the medication is really helping with the anxieties. While Selena has a lot of OCD rituals, like having to put the hose back over and over again, she can at least tolerate the thought of some change without feeling like her world is coming to an end. We are not seeing so much of the sensory issues that we were seeing before either, so I really think we are on the right track now.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I remember the days when the kids enjoyed those little pools. I am glad the medication is working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the medication is helping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the medication seems to be working, and Selena is getting to enjoy some of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had fun. And yay for the meds working!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because you have been so sweet to me, I have nominated you for a Super Sweet blog award.
    http://homeschooljournal-bergblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/super-sweet-blogging-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sprinklers and water hose are very popular here too, but I am also very glad that we have access to a real pool during this crazy heat wave. Enjoy your sunny days!

    ReplyDelete