Monday, November 12, 2012

Baked Pork Chops with Italian Breading

DSCF1359

When my family asked for pork chops for dinner this weekend, I set out to get creative and fix them differently. Now Selena at first was very disappointed as she doesn’t think they are pork chops unless they are simmered in Rice-a-Roni.

I checked out a few recipes online and found this one that sounded good, though one thing I don’t follow recipes very often and love to take off on my own twist.

I like the thick boneless pork chops for most all my cooking, but you can use thinner ones bone in if you desire. The original recipe says you can prepare 6 pork chops, since I use the thick ones, I only prepared three.

Ingredients

  • Pork chops
  • two eggs
  • flour
  • Parnassian Salad Croutons
  • Pepper
  • Johnny Seasoning Salt
  • 2 small cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • 1/2 a cup of milk

I threw my croutons in my blender and made them into a fine breading, perfect for coating my pork chops. Beat up the eggs in a shallow dish. Rinse Pork Chops and season them with pepper and Johnny Seasoning Salt. Coat them with the flour, slightly, dip them in the egg, then coat them heavily with the croutons. Place them in a pan, cover and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

Mix the Cream of Mushroom soup and milk, pour this over the pork chops, cover and return to the oven for 30 more minutes.

I served ours with mashed potatoes and green beans.

Everyone including Selena gave them a two thumbs up, so this will be a recipe I will prepare again. They were delicious!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Ooohhh, that sounds yummy. We always cook them with cream of mushroom soup, but adding the breading would be yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy even though I am sure Anna would fuss too at first.

    ReplyDelete