Thursday, March 1, 2012

stArt and Book Review

We received a big box from UPS. Both Selena and I were a little curious as to what was inside, since we truly were not expecting any deliveries. Upon opening the box it hit me Tiger Tales, and their new Spring Titles. Selena was truly very excited to discover all the books inside.

DSCF0210

The book Selena chose to read was Bustle in the Bushes by Giles Andreae, illustrated by David Wojtowycz.

bustle

After we read the story together, and Selena retreated to read it by herself, I created a puzzle for her to put together. I took red and black construction paper and cut out the different shapes that would form a lady bug.

DSCF0211

About the story: The book starts out and ends with some cute poetry about the world at the bottom of our backyard. Throughout the pages each bug, worm, and caterpillar gets to introduce themselves, what they like to eat, and where they live. Selena enjoyed the story and I found it to be quite cute. This book would be perfect for most any young age, while the story is simple and would keep the attention of even the youngest audience, it does provide some challenge for the budding reader. I would recommend checking this book out.

DSCF0215

As for Selena’s finished ladybug. She truly enjoyed this project, but must admit she had to be quite the ham for the picture.

I was furnished a copy of this book from Tiger Tales to review. The review is my opinion. I received no compensation for my opinion.

It’s been a while but I am linking this up at A Mommy’s Adventure.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. We also got a big box, and Anna read this book yesterday to herself. I still didn't ask her for an opinion. The ladybug is quite cute!

    ReplyDelete