Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Signs of Spring

I anticipated our first walk to look for signs of Spring to be done as a family. Unfortunately with Papa and Selena sick, I went by myself. With yesterday being chilly but very sunny I could resist no longer, so off I went to tour our property for what ever glimpses of Spring I could find. Besides the most obvious of birds returning and the sounds of all the frogs in a distance at night, I found many other less obvious signs.

DSCF0254

Like this bright little bud reaching for the warm sun on the tree at the back side of our house.

DSCF0252

While everything still appeared so dormant along the fence line I did find this one little bush beginning to bud out.

DSCF0247

DSCF0244

The rhododendron in the front of the house truly is going to town blossoming out.

dewdrops

Then the Lilies are beginning to sprout with new growth. I do believe this fall that this Lily will have to be dug up and divided now that I know how huge of a clump it actually is. that should be a lot of fun.

Through my discoveries I couldn’t help but take some fun pictures of just things I found interesting looking. Such as the texture on this old tree, well what is left of what use to be a tree.

DSCF0249

I hope that Selena is feeling better here real soon, so that we can go and explore more signs of Spring together. She is at least able to look at all these pictures and know that her wish for Summer is not too far away.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I hope she feels better soon too. It's no fun to not feel well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful pictures! I hope Selena feels better now.

    ReplyDelete