Thursday, December 15, 2011

Oh For Birthday Parties

100_5891

Selena and I got busy yesterday, she wanted lots of birthday decorations. I unfortunately had an allergic reaction to a medication and was not able to go out and get everything I wanted to get. Selena and I decided we could be creative and decorate a lot without going to the store.

100_5878

Of course we had a Happy Birthday Banner, now that is a must especially for a 5 year old, don’t you know. Well then she wanted some streamers.

100_5877

I had pastel ribbon, so we curled every last bit of the ribbon and gently attached it to the light over the dining room table. Selena just had to have the green bow attached as well.

100_5880

Now come on what would a birthday be without a balloon? When Papa picked up the cake of course he picked up a Birthday balloon. I quickly covered the table with a pink table cloth and spread out some birthday confetti. At this point Selena was beside herself waiting for all her friends to arrive.

100_5883

100_5884

100_5886

100_5889

100_5891

We had one very happy birthday girl. After everyone left, and we were tucking her into bed, I asked her “How does it feel to be 5?” She answered, “It feels great!” I then asked, “Do you feel any different?” Selena quickly felt her head, body, arms and legs and informed me, “NO I feel just like I did when I was 4.” I assured her that throughout this year of being 5 she would have many changes in her life.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful party. Anna was disappointed that 5 doesn't feel any different. I think only now she settled into being 5, the transition has been a bit rough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!!! I love that she felt her head and arms to see if they had changed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful party, she sure looks happy.

    ReplyDelete