Monday, October 10, 2011

My Favorite Peach Cobbler

Selena wanted to bake something today. I decided it was a good day for Peach Cobbler. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, it is so simple and delicious.
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients in a bowl with a hand mixer.
In a square baking dish pour in one large can of peaches with juice. (now I like more peaches so I use two cans of peaches making sure to drain the juice off one can) Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over top of peaches.  If you desire a thicker sauce add 1 tablespoon of flour.
Using a large table spoon drop the batter mixture over the top of peaches, do not smooth it out it will be more like biscuits dropped on top.
100_5454
Bake for 45 – 50 minutes at 375 degrees.
100_5455
100_5459
I like to serve mine warm. You can top it off with ice cream, that is really yummy but all we had was chocolate ice cream in the freezer, I didn’t think that would be very delicious. What did Selena think?
100_5458
Obviously you can tell from her body language she didn’t really care for it, which I truly didn’t think she would since she doesn’t like peaches. Papa and I sure loved it though.
One hint, do not double this recipe, it will not bake properly. When I have doubled the recipe, I make two separate batches of the topping. We have never been able to figure out why doubling the batter at one time results in it not baking correctly.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy, but I am pretty sure Anna wouldn't care for it either. She is very on and off on baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had that problem before with some batters.

    I'm with Selena I'm not a big fan of peaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious! Pinning it to my "to make in the kitchen" board on pinterest!

    ReplyDelete