Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sick Day

After the evening and night we had with Selena having the stomach flu, we decided it would be best to take a sick day. We were both tired, and Selena was not quite sure about eating at all for fear of getting sick again. We just kept a bowl of dried cheerios and lots of water handy for her throughout the day. While I did fix lunch and dinner she just wasn’t really into eating.

She did however have some fun the evening before she got sick. She had wanted to use some card stock and using my hole punch and a shoe lace make herself a card to lace the shoe lace through. I just turned her loose with the materials and did not assist her at all. It wasn’t long before she gave up on the lacing idea and discovered all the round circles that she could pour out of my hole punch. She then of course asked for colored paper and glue.

100_5160

100_5165

Selena worked very hard on this and stayed busy for quite sometime. Too bad I didn’t get a picture of her finished project before we ended up with this.

100_5167

While we did not have school yesterday, we did have a very valuable lesson in what it means to keep your word. We had already agreed to go let our Pastor’s dog out throughout the day while they were gone. Sure Selena enjoyed going over there and playing with the dog, she had a rough time with the idea of walking home. We do not live that far from them and it is not a hard walk, but poor thing just didn’t feel well. I was proud of her though as she watched the time so carefully and kept telling me about every 45 minutes what time it was then asking isn’t it time to go let Ollie out again? We haven’t worked a lot in time, but believe me Selena has taught herself all about how to tell time, just as she has figured out the days of the week.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Poor girl. I'm impressed she was still able to go over and let the dog out with feeling badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Selena and my youngest would have a great time "crafting" together - of course then, we'd catch your flu. One good point for the Internet. Although, I imagine C would be willing to risk it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that Selena was so unwell. Stomach bugs are no fun. Self-directed crafts are best!

    ReplyDelete