Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Reading

Yesterday was a very relaxed day of schooling in our home. I felt we needed a day of just relaxing and didn’t care if we really got any formal learning done. Selena made sure that she attempted at least one semi-formal lesson of trying to read the Months of the Year. She cracked me up as she could read all the long months but missed on March, April, and June.

We then sat back and she read half of Green Eggs and Ham to me all by herself. She then picked up a book called Hog and Dog, because it is more of a picture book she added a lot more words to the story then was actually there. Her choice of words though actually made the story lovely. They complimented the basic story very well. She then asked me to read The Cat in the Hat to her. I also read several other books to which Selena truly enjoyed.

The rest of the day was spent listening to Selena’s joyful playing and telling her own little stories to all her stuffies. All and all I would have to say it was a very good day. Our schedule has been so off the past week, that Selena is struggling to get back into the routine. Not only that but she truly just wants Math. She truly wanted me to sit down at dinner time and do Math with her. I get such a kick out of her. She is also feeling the boredom of not being able to go out and just run and play, but right now we truly want to keep her little boo boo as clean as we can.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I bet you will find a lot of ways to cover all aspects of your curriculum through math! When I taught 8th grade language arts, I was required to integrate other subjects to appeal to my students who were better in those subject areas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of the big advantages of homeschooling - taking things slowly when needed. I hope Selena heals quickly and can enjoy the last days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day. I hope her wounds keep healing nicely

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you learned a lot through your reading...my children just soak up living books! Isn't it great to know that there are days a pencil is not necessary for the growth of our children! Found your sweet blog through the Crew Hop!

    ReplyDelete