Saturday, April 2, 2011

This Past Week

Besides what formal learning we have been able to fit in Selena and I have been busy designing the Easter bulletin board for our church. It has been a week long process of cutting, painting, and making butterflies. On Friday we went up and pulled the old bulletin board down and put the new one up. I was hoping and praying our bulletin board would look as nice as I imagined it looking. Well here is our final display.



We used clear contact paper and painted everything so that when this month is over we can roll this up and save it to use another time. We made the butterflies out of tissue paper and pipe cleaners. It took us about an hour and a half to completely tear down the old board and put up the new one. It took us a full week just to make the things for the bulletin board.

It is always such a good feeling once a project this size is done. Selena was a huge help by helping me measure the bulletin board, handing me things I needed, and just keeping me company. I wish I would have done something a little different for the lettering, but I still think it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Pin It