Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Lazy School Day

Monday was just one of those days where I had a lot of things I could think of doing but the energy to get things started was just not there. We instead just had a lazy school day. Selena enjoyed working on her spelling program in her computer. She is getting really pretty good with it. It is similar to hangman where the child has to guess the letters to spell the word. They are allowed two hints, one that reveals a letter in the word, and the other tells you something about the word. Let me tell you some of these are not as easy as one would think for a child’s computer. She is always so funny and thrilled with herself when she guesses all the letters and can proudly read the word to us.

She dug out a math workbook that we have here in the home. She enjoys just going through the book page by page. Occasionally she will ask me to help her with some of the math in the book, but usually she just reads the numbers on every page, since the book is still way advanced for her. I love to hear her ask for her math book though, and the amount of time she can just spend looking through it page by page.

We had a lot of imaginary play all day long. We did a lot of talking, laughing, and just listening as Selena rambled about this and about that. The excitement of the day came when Uncle TJ called and when Selena looked out just in time to see a very beautiful rainbow.

That was our day, and right now I am just loving hearing her excitement as she yells, “Oh computer you make me laugh!” It has been a very good day!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love days like that. It sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Days like that really are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! We haven't seen a rainbow yet this year - we had so many good ones last summer, and into fall - I can't wait! It sounds like a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's awesome that Selena is able to self-learn like that. How neat that you could see a rainbow. It's been raining so much here for the past two weeks, but I only saw a rainbow once and it was without Anna.

    ReplyDelete