Thursday, May 27, 2010

Some Fun Art

Give a child a blank head and some felt tip pins and see just how much fun she can have. Since it has been a long time since I have shown much of Selena’s art work on my blog, only because she tends to not be as creative when she knows that we will be posting about it. This project though I decided we would post. Selena has wanted to color this for sometime. Since it has been rainy and cold and we haven’t been able to get outside I surprised her by bringing out the markers, set this head on the table and said go for it.

100_2890 Just getting Started, it has to have blue eyes.

100_2895

Keeping busy! Now don’t ask why it has a green nose and green cheeks.

100_2897

Had to have red lips.

100_2898

Beautiful brown, yellow, orange, and purple hair!

Selena spent a good hour listening to music on the CD player, and coloring, decorating, singing, and was totally engrossed in this art project. Every time she said she was done, she would end up having to color more. This will probably be one of those that I will just leave open for her to color when ever she desires to. I don’t know if or when she will ever really finish it.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love the times when Anna gets engrossed in her art or game and sings something to herself at the same time. It sounds like terrific project. Where did you get that head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting project. I love it when they sing too, music to my ears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! I come across the foam heads evey now and then. We have never actually used them for art-more for salon shop play.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll echo Natalie, where'd you get the head? That would be an interesting project in my house, but then I'd have to figure out what to do with 3 heads.

    ReplyDelete