Sunday, May 2, 2010

Homeschool Blog Hop #8


After a nice break the homeschool hop is back up and running! Since there is no theme this week, I thought I would take some time to just tell you how I got into blogging, but mostly how I got into blogging about our homeschool adventures.

For numerous years I had a couple of Websites, that I designed and maintained. I enjoyed this so much, but as time went by I had so much more inside me that I wanted to share. This was about the time blogs started becoming some sort of a fad, they were still considered an online diary or journal. I played around with a few here or there but it just didn’t seem right at the time.

I started this blog and really had no direction for it. I seldom posted anything on it since I really didn’t know what I wanted to share. At the time I was active at Ivillage, and met up with Natalie from Mouse Grows Mouse Learns. She shared with me her blog many times, since we really seemed to be on the same page with our girls.

Believe it or not I totally shut off my Internet service when I found out I had the cancer. When I came back on line and began to see everything that Natalie was writing about and started finding other homeschool mom’s blogs, this just happened to be at the time we were starting to look at preschooling and doing more with Selena. I believe this was the true beginning to my blog, when it finally had an identity and became what it is.

I enjoy being a part of the Homeschool Hop as it has brought many new faces, and blogs into my path. I enjoy reading all your blogs, and though at times I am slow at leaving remarks, believe me I follow and I do read. Anyway there you have my story in a nutshell, on how I became a blogger!

STOP: Please DO NOT add your link below unless you have a post published about the blog hop and the current theme, and the McLinky code showing in that post.

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Oh what a great idea that was to share your blogging story. It is so nice to be back in swing with the Hop, I have missed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting to learn how your blog has evolved and that Natalie was a source of inspiration for your blog.

    Meeting like minded mums in the blogosphere is such a blessing and certainly a positive aspect about blogging that I would have never anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh, I learned something new about you.
    I've tried a couple of different "blog" type things, but they never really took before this one, I think partially because I hadn't found my voice, and partially because I was the primary person reading it, and that is hard to keep going if you're not a journaler by nature, which I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing on the hop #8. :) I am looking forward to seeing what every one says - I like the re-intro idea as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping over to see what you posted. I think the 'how I got into blogging' is a great idea for a 'theme' although I know there isn't one this time. It'll be interesting to see what others choose to share with us :)
    I put your button on my blog...I'm becoming a button collector! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post, and I am blushing thinking that I contributed to pulling you into the blog world. I also started small and found out that I enjoy blogging a lot. It was also a pleasure to meet so many good people online. I hope to continue blogging until it stops being a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing how you got into blogging. I really enjoy getting to know other homeschool bloggers with this blog hop. I found it interesting that you had designed websites. I am at a loss at anything beyond the basic when it comes to computers.

    ReplyDelete