Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Awards

I have been given two awards this week. Sometimes I am terrible about getting my awards posted and passing them on. I have all the best intentions to do so, they get filed on my computer and by the time I get back to them, I have forgotten who has given them to me, or sometimes I just never get around to doing anything with them. So if you have given me an award that I have not posted about please except my apologies and realize I do appreciate them all!

beautifulbloggeraward[4] I have received the Beautiful Blogger Award from Michelle at Homeschooling With Love.

Here is what you do to accept the award.
1.Thank the person who gave you the award.
2.Copy and paste the award to your blog.
3.Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
4.List 7 interesting things about you.
5.Pass the award on to 7 beautiful bloggers.

Now I am going to cheat here a little bit as I also received another award which asks me to list 10 things about myself.

honestscrap[1]

I received the Honest Scrap award from Julie at My Book Retreat.

The rule of this award is that I have to share 10 honest things about myself.

I am going to combine the requirements of these two awards into one list of a few things about me.

1. My traveling exists of only 7 States: Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Montana, and Idaho.

2. I am allergic to Spiders, no really I mean it literally if I get bitten by any spider, I get sick and have a serious reaction needing medical attention. So yes, this also brings about a fear of Spiders.

3. I love to swim, though I haven’t gone swimming in years, I feel very relaxed in the water.

4. I love to garden, and reap what I sow. Though I don’t have room to garden here where we live now, I use to grow all the vegetables my family needed for an entire year, blanching and freezing them every Autumn.

5. I have never received a traffic ticket of any kind, nor have I ever caused an accident.

6. I lacked in self confidence most of my life, it truly was not until I met Michael before I began to discover things about myself that I could say I liked. I guess you could say he brought out the best in me.

7. I have never really fit in with my family. I was never close to my siblings, nor my cousins. I always seemed to be the black sheep of the family, not by my choice, I just never felt excepted by them.

8. I self taught myself to do many things, crochet, knit, decorate cakes, bake bread and pies, well basically cook.

9. I love participating in Women’s Bible Studies.

10. I like to do all the driving when we go somewhere. I would rather drive then be the passenger.

I know now I am suppose to pass these awards on to other bloggers. The first one said to 7 and the second one said to 10. Again I am going to cheat here a bit and give both of these awards to the following bloggers:

Allen Ramblings

Arts and Crofts

Bytes of Memory

Diaries of the Teacher Mom

Educating Crumpet

Funny Days with Mommy and Maddie

Home Grown Families

My Bilingual Boys

Our Country Road

Our Worldwide Classroom

There are so many other great blogs that I follow everyday and I feel you all deserve these awards as well, so I am opening this up, if you follow my blog and have not received these awards please except them. Take heart in knowing that if I could list all the fabulous blogs I follow I would but I think I would be sitting here for a week. Well, that might be a little exaggerated, but you get what I mean.

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I loved reading all of those things about you! I want to learn how to can this year.. that is a goal I have for the fall! I don't have a ton of space to garden but I use the square foot gardening approach and it works well. I certainly do not grow everything we would need for a year though :-)

    thanks so much for the award I really appreciate it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the award!
    And thanks for all the information about you - I feel like I know you better. BTW, I was blown away by your reasons for homeschooling - I can't believe how badly the schools were handling your older children! I'm glad you chose to keep them home, and Selena too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I think most of those were facts I didn't know. I wish I had a green thumb, but I seem to have a mostly brown one, except for herbs, those I can grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your awards! And can I just say I almost did the same thing, I am just so bad a reposting awards but I do try my hardest to remember to thank everyone that thinks of me!

    So THANK YOU! I really do appreciate you passing the awards on to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for these cool awards! I have a hard time getting award posts up, too.

    ReplyDelete