Thursday, December 3, 2009

stART “ONE”

stArt

 

This couldn’t have fell together any nicer in my opinion for a stART project.  We read the book One, it is a cute story about how the color red loves to pick on the color blue. It teaches concepts on friends, big, bigger, biggest, colors, numbers, and bullying itself.

One

Today in her workbook material, she had a color by number page. We have tried this before but Selena never fully understood the concept. I believe this book helped to understand this since each color eventually turns into a number as they learn to stop Red from being such a bully. So I tied her workbook page into her stART and just the fact that she was so proud of herself spoke tons to me. She later grabbed the book and in her own words read the story relating it to her kite she colored today!

100_1802

100_1803

To see what books others are reading and then creating a piece of art from head over to A Mommy’s Adventure, while your there pick up a book and create your own stART project.

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. That's great that she went and got the book after working on the project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, she DOES look proud!! I love your blog and am so glad that I'm "following" now so that I can get the new posts quickly. She's SUCH a doll!

    -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds great--I'm going to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of that book. Another one to add to the library list.
    My 4 year old recently fell in love, love, love with color by number and letter. He always asking to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love color by number too.

    Never heard of this book. Very cute pics of Selena as always. She looks so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a priceless smile. It's so much fun to watch a concept "click", in the mind of a child.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might have to try that because I'm having zero luck with the color by number. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to check out this book - it sounds very interesting. It's awesome that Selena likes her workbooks so much and that concepts just click with her readily.

    ReplyDelete