Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Christmas/upcoming Geography Unit

US Map

After the first of the year I am thinking about doing a long Unit on The United States, we will touch on the States, weather, cities, history, oh probably a lot of different topics. Since we are in a time of year where we can’t get outside much I thought it would be a great time to look at our Country.

I thought it would be fun if Selena could see where some of her little blogger friends live. We would love to share with you more about where we live. I was thinking of a postcard swap. Anyone interested?

How I see this working: We will send you a postcard with a beautiful picture of the area we live in with a Christmas greeting, if you will in turn send us a postcard with a picture of the area where you live. Should you be interested in doing a postcard exchange:

1. Leave me a comment make sure I know how to contact you via email to swap address information.

or

2. Email me from my link in my profile.

To keep all information confidential, we can swap all information we desire to share via email and please no personal information left in the comment form!

Does this sound like something you and your little ones would enjoy doing? If so join in the fun, if you would like we could start a carnival, and post about this, since we all have followers from all over, the more involved the more fun for all. Just let me know if you think this is something workable for you.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. D loves to look at his map and to send and receive mail. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would like to join too - Anna loves mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to participate! I'm sure the kids would enjoy getting mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick question: Would it be possible to get one postcard per kid? I'm just trying to figure out how to get each of my kids mail through this. I'll be signing up more formally later.

    ReplyDelete