Sunday, September 6, 2009

Beginning Unit "C" Cloud Suggestions Please

This week we will be starting our "C" unit. Selena just loves to watch the clouds so I thought it would be fun to do our unit study on clouds. This is what I have so far:

Reading
Cloud Nine
(The only book our library has, might have to do some driving to a larger library)
Math
Cotton Ball Games:
How much water will a cotton ball hold before it rains?
How many cotton balls can you get in a pie tin held on your head with a spoon?
Art
Making clouds from cotton balls
I am looking for any other suggestions. Books I might look for when I go to the larger library. Any other projects your kids may have done on Clouds....Anything! If you have a blog entry about your study on clouds please link it below. Thank you in advance.


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog.

    It Looked Like Spilt Milk is a great cloud book. My daughter loves it.

    http://www.amazon.com/Looked-Like-Spilt-Milk/dp/0064431592

    Or Little Cloud, I haven't read it, but it looks cute.

    http://www.amazon.com/Little-Cloud-Picture-Puffins-Carle/dp/0698118308/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252289384&sr=1-1

    Have fun with your unit study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great plans - I especially liked your fun math ideas. I didn't do any cloud themed projects, but Michelle at Mommy's Adventures has a great project in her Start series - http://amommysadventures.blogspot.com/2009/09/start-little-cloud.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was rather interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

    ReplyDelete