Saturday, October 6, 2007

Sweet Innocence



The sweet innocence of a child, not a care in the world, no reason to not be light hearted, play all day long, and explore their little world and learn all they can learn. I watched Selena now from the day we brought her home from the hospital grow into a beautiful 10 month old baby going on 2 yrs old. I kid you not when I say that as she is learing something new every day and how we enjoy watching her grow everyday. Got a call from her mommy today and she was crying that she misses her but then in the next sentence is talking about spending Thanksgiving away from her. It just doesn't make much sense to me. I can't make her come and visit her baby girl but my heart bleeds knowing that someday she is going to regret the choices she makes today.

Just another day of play. Look how flexible she is. I remember being that flexible most of my youth. I often watch her and wonder if she will be like me very interested in gymnastics and dance. I know her eyes got cut off, and I am sorry about that, but I really wanted to catch those splits. Oh how I miss being able to do the splits like that.








Again such sweet innocence, as she ventures her way through her days learning new things as she goes along. Now I don't know if she picked this up from our dog, Brandi or what, but some of the things she does is so funny, while other things are just amazing that she learns the skills so fast. Just like I could not believe when she learned to suck from a straw the very first day she ever seen one. I was drinking a Juicy Juice from a straw, Selena was staring at me so I put the straw in her mouth and to my amazement she sucked the juice through it. Today she learned how to play ball with me. She discovered Brandi's ball, grabbed it and handed it to me. I rolled it to her. After a few times of her picking it up and handing it back to me, and my rolling it back to her, she realized if she hit it just right she could roll it back to me, so we spent a good portion of the day mastering this new game of rolling the ball back and forth, laughing, giggling, and just having fun.
I love my Granddaughter Selena and feel so blessed that God chose us to raise her rather then have her end up in the foster care system. I wish I knew how to make mom more involved in her growth, but at last there is only so much I can do. So I will focus on making sure this precious little sweet heart gets the BEST start in life that she deserves.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful, Debbie! Is she the daughter of your son or daughter? Couldn't tell from your blog. Joy

    ReplyDelete