Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bountiful Basket Week 7

I just can not express how blessed we feel to have found this co-op. I don’t know that there has ever been a time that I have had so much fresh produce in my house, and such a variety. There is never a time that I can’t figure out how to use all this produce and believe me it has really helped cut our budget for groceries in half. Everyone, including Selena is always up waiting for me to come home, they are so excited to see what we got. I never knew this would excite Selena like it does, she enjoys tasting everything, now to find what she truly likes.

DSCF1674

This week I got one conventional basket and added on the hostess pack.

  • 5 lb. Russet Potatoes
  • 4 Baking Potatoes
  • Butter Lettuce
  • Cauliflower
  • Broccoli
  • Radishes
  • Celery
  • 2 Cucumbers
  • 2 bunches of Asparagus
  • 6 yellow onions
  • 3 avocados
  • 9 bananas
  • 1 grapefruit
  • 1 lemon
  • 4 oranges
  • 1 watermelon
  • 1 pineapple
  • sage
  • rosemary

I see a lot of potentials such as cream of broccoli soup, roasted chicken breasts with potatoes, asparagus, and cauliflower, tossed green salads and with the the few apples we still have from last week, a yummy fresh fruit salad.

The onions will be chopped and froze with the other onions we received in earlier baskets. Otherwise everything will just be eaten.

I encourage you all to look into Bountiful Baskets, if there isn’t one in your area it does sound pretty easy to get one started.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment