Our decision as to how to proceed from here has not been easy. We’ve prayed, talked, asked Selena, prayed some more, cried, laughed, had our own anxiety attacks, but there truly was only one answer we could come up with. We considered everything the Principal had to say such as our reward list had to be approved by them should we choose to give her rewards for not having anxiety attacks (WHAT?). We finally decided if we did not hear from the Principal by Friday letting us know when Selena could even go back to school we would start looking at our options. That call I was waiting for never came in. I jumped into action and decided to pull Selena out.
We have some options still at hand, so we will still be sifting through these options to figure out what will be the best fit for Selena. We have until April to make this decision, enough time of Selena working on her anxieties with the psychologist, as well as more time to mature.
One of these options is a private school in our area. It is small only one classroom and Selena would enter school at the first grade level. Yes, the cost is a factor, but God has graced us with the ability to pay off the vehicle which would more then cover the tuition.
The other option is to continue to homeschool. I still want to do my homework into what activities they have at the Y as well as in the community before I commit to this.
Anyway there you have it we are homeschoolers again for at least one more year. Now to figure out where we are going from here and what we are going to learn.