Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Continues

100_5930

We woke up to a quiet morning yesterday. Selena played a bit on her Nintendo, well I should say quite a bit since I crawled back under the blankets on the couch and drifted in and out of sleep. Finally I shook myself awake and fixed breakfast.

Around noon there was a knock at our door, our landlord brought a Christmas present to Selena. At first Selena just sat there looking at the wrapped box in her lap almost as if she didn’t know what to do with it. I don’t know if she thought she had to wait until next year or if she just truly was that surprised that she had another gift. Finally I persuaded her to open it. She found a Princess Barbie. It wasn’t long before she ran and grabbed her other Barbies so she could introduce them all, so they could be friends, you know.

We spent the day playing with all of her new toys, she drew a bit on her new easel which is a chalk board on one side and a white board on the other. It is also just perfect to sit on our table for many uses in play and learning. We played with her new dominoes, chess set, and cooked a lot of different food in her kitchen. She then remembered her new pajamas and had to try them on. Boy I could have bought a size larger, oh well she will get some wear out of them this winter.

While it was a lot more quiet here today, and fun to watch Selena enjoy her new toys, I must admit this grandma is quiet worn out. I enjoyed just sitting around being half lazy.  

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. How nice of your landlord!

    I am enjoying being lazy too, but I have to go grocery shopping today so that's the end of that! If I eat holiday food one more time, I will be sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree what a eonderful surprise from your landlord! Going home to reality is going to be quite a shock

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great that you landlord thought of Selena. We also spent most of the days playing yesterday.

    ReplyDelete