Wednesday, November 16, 2011

More Yummy Cookies

Before starting back into the deep cleaning, I thought a batch of cookies were needed to set the mood. I had pulled out some of my banana the night before, and had looked through many recipes for banana cookies. Some called for allspice, some for ginger, some called for baking soda and no baking powder, while others called for baking powder and no baking soda. I finally decided since we loved the pumpkin cookies so well I would just go with that recipe and substitute the pumpkin for the banana. You can find that recipe here.

100_5719 

I was not in the least disappointed in how they turned out. To be honest this recipe was just perfect for these delicious cookies. From all the other recipes I found I was afraid that with the different spices we might loose the true flavor of the banana. This recipe was perfect. You walk by my cookie tin and you can just smell the most wonderful aroma of banana. It makes you stop and just want to grab one right there on the spot.

Selena thought they were pretty yummy too!

100_5721

Then with these all baked, and the mess cleaned up, I was off to wash mini blinds. Fun, oh so much fun but a task that truly needed to be done.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. It's a shame I'm the only one who likes banana cooked into things. I tried to convince my kids of the yumminess of banana bread and they were not convinced.

    ReplyDelete