Monday, August 8, 2011

Our School Year Schedule

I have spent a lot of time thinking about how our schedule for school will look this year. I really wanted to change it up a bit and give it a new feel. I know we will only work on one subject a day, leaving us plenty of time for art, stories, play, and exploration. There will be certain materials we will cover everyday such as building upon writing skills, vocabulary, math skills, and Bible.

I will be going in a different direction with our Geography, adding a little bit more history in there too. One change to note is that our geography/history posts will now go up on Thursday instead of Wednesday. I realize we did not get through every State, but these will be added as we move forward, I just truly believe that Selena is ready for a lot more meat to these lessons then what we did last year. While I still want to finish what we started and feel that is very important, expect to see something different and new from us in our posts.

There will be some carnivals that I will continue to participate in and some that I will be dropping. I want my followers and dear friends to know that while I might drop a carnival that you are hosting, this in no way means anything ill hearted. I have put a lot of thought into my blog and am ready for some changes. I will still be around to read your blogs and look forward to all the information that is shared in your weekly carnivals.

With that, here we go with our new year! We look forward to sharing as usual everything we are learning with all of you.

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Change can be such a good thing, Debbie, especially when it is well thought out.
    I am looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed people come and go from memes. It usually just means their interests are changing with life - that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping that you will have a great year and we will get to learn about it from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know there's those times you think you've commented..... I look forward to hearing about your changes. I struggle with some memes from week to week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm visiting from the Three Thinking Mothers' Blogroll. We started over with states again this year, and are trying something new with geography, too. I hope you have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you have great plans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi and thank you for linking up with our Three Thinking Mothers blog hop!

    I have been thinking a lot about our schedule as well. I have a hard time saying no, don't want to disappoint,...but really we can't take on too much and overwhelm ourselves...best to keep it simple and peaceful :-)

    ReplyDelete