Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our Christmas

We had hopes to go to Christmas service at one of our local churches on Christmas Eve. Since it started at 8:00 p.m. we felt a nap was in order for Selena so that she would make it through. She is so funny, she easily takes naps through the week, but on the weekends when Papa is home it is hit and miss. Friday it was a miss. We were not going to give up though, we still were going to try.

I had purchased a crab for Christmas Eve dinner. Selena informed me that she didn’t like crab as it use to be alive. When I cleaned the crab she got mad at me and told me to put the head back on. She did however eat crab meat with her baked potato and bread and butter. She wouldn’t eat the garden salad I served along with our meal.

After dinner I prepared Selena’s bath, to begin the process of getting ready for church. Selena’s disposition suddenly changed from one happy girl to a very crabby girl. She wouldn’t even sit down and take a bath, she was being resistant to anything we tried. We still were not going to give up on the hopes to go to church, while they were beginning to fade a bit as we could see how tired Selena was getting.

In an attempt to save the evening Papa disappeared out the back door and called my phone. Announcing he was Santa and asking to talk to Selena. I got all excited and said, “OH Santa, of course Selena is here!” Selena’s eyes widened and sparkled with disbelief. She took the phone from me, and upon hearing Santa on the other end, she became just speechless. All she could do was just hold the phone smile and giggle.

100_4086 When they hung up, all Selena could say the rest of the night was, “Santa called me! He sure likes to say Ho Ho Ho! Oh he sure loves me!” Papa and I chuckled under our breath, while we watched Selena go from this tired little girl to a tired excited full of wonderment little girl. We at this point decided we were not attending church and had Selena ready for bed by 7:30 p.m.

She faded off to sleep by 7:45 p.m. so yes, she was one tired little girl. I am sure with everything in side that had we tried to go to church that evening I would have ended up walking the hall, or sitting in the nursery, waiting for the service to end, all the while dealing with a cranky child.

Once sound asleep Papa and I began the Christmas preparations.

100_4090 Believe me it is dark as can be outside, I think it is just lovely though how the night darkness ended up looking blue through the windows.

The next morning Papa and I woke up at 7:00 a.m. waiting for Selena to wake up. We really figured she would be up early. At 8:00 this is what I found in her room:

100_4094 At 8:45 a.m. in an attempt to get her to start waking up so we could get on with our day, I pulled the covers off her. At 9:00 a.m. again this is what I found in her room.

100_4096Would you say she was one tired little girl! She finally woke up at about 9:15 but didn’t pull out of bed until 9:30. As she entered the living room she was just in a daze. It took her 5 minutes to discover the joys of Christmas.

100_4097  What do you think she is diving for?

100_4098She said, “This is something I didn’t ask Santa for, how did he know I wanted it?”  We told her he knows it all. The one item she wanted was a real camera, which we did buy for her, but upon opening it and putting the batteries in, the door where the batteries go fell off. I guess you know we will return that on Monday, and try to find another one. Selena had a great Christmas, and I do think she even got tired of unwrapping gifts. Not that we got her a lot of gifts, she was just so excited and I think still a little tired. 

100_4102

The rest of the day was spent playing with all her new treasures.

100_4105

After a great morning and early afternoon, we sat down to give Thanks for our Blessings and eat Selena’s choice for Christmas dinner.

100_4109 We had Spaghetti, green salad, french bread, and corn. Desert was all the goodies we had, cookies, candy, fudge, the list could go on and on.

We had a very splendid Christmas, and it is our hope that so did all of you. We now look forward to moving on to the New Year!

Oh and by the way Selena finally informed us, “I really didn’t think Santa would come since we had no snow.”  I guess she discovered that Santa doesn’t need snow to visit all the good boys and girls!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great Christmas. Hopefully Selena will have a lot of fun with her presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fabulous Christmas! Elle would love Selena's choice for dinner! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed she slept in. It looks like a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete