Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday Pizza

Selena is not much of a pizza eater. She never has cared for it. I decided to see if we could get her to eat pizza if she helped to make it with us. I asked her what she wanted on her pizza before I went to the store to get a few of the ingredients I needed. Well, what do you think she wanted on it?

100_2618 She had fun helping with the dough, cheese, then carefully put her toppings on. I think you can guess the right side of the pizza is her little part. Now for her ingredients, hamburger and little smokies. She did eat a little more pizza this way then she normally does, which believe me she usually won’t eat anything but maybe the crust. She picked the little smokies off and made sure they were clean of cheese, and she did eat a few bites of the hamburger. This still was not her favorite dish, and I doubt she will ever be fond of pizza. She did have fun making it though.

I have to admit I did cheat on everything, I normally would make it all from scratch, but we didn’t today, I used two boxes of Jiffy Pizza dough, shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese, pepperoni, and black olives. that is about all I can get Michael to eat on pizza. Darn I would have loved to have put a lot more on it.

Both Michael and I thought it was very tasty, and that is saying something as Michael isn’t a huge fan of pizza either. I guess I am the only pizza eater in this house.

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I thought for a moment that Selena put strawberries on her pizza :) Anna loved homemade pizza, but I only made it once. She says that frozen pizza that we usually eat here is too spicy and eats only crust. By the way, I think she is right - I end up eating mostly sauce that she is leaving, and it is spicy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizza looks great! I quit making it from scratch after the chldren were born - none of them are huge fans either, and I like it a little too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo yum we love pizza at this house. Love the toppings Selena picked out! If I ask Sammy what he wants to eat for dinner its either pizza or hot dogs. Which he doesn't get either often but I guess they leave a lasting impression with him ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, I love homemade pizza. I've never seen the Jiffy boxes for crust.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so interesting to see what kids will eat. Both of my boys are HUGE pizza fans and have been since they could eat solid foods. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE pizza!!! We're going to have go out for pizza sometime!
    What a great idea, having Selena pick out her own toppings and then help you make it. Excellent plan- may not have made her into a pizza lover, but she did eat more than usual. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel so sorry for you. Being a lone pizza fan! My hubby would eat pizza every day if I let him. We had it last night actually. Hawaiian pizza (ham and pineapple) yum yum. And a plain cheese for the children. Our kids love helping make the pizza. I use our bread machine and the recipe that came with it for the dough, after I found the right combination of oven temp and time in oven it has become our favorite pizza. My son and I also enjoy broccoli and mushrooms and pepper on pizza. You mentioned that Selena took the cheese off in order to eat the little smokie. Does she like cheese if it is not on pizza?

    ReplyDelete