Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Reflection

A Apple

I have used the past couple of weeks to do some reflection on how far we have come with our little school. Selena has grown so much since we started this adventure, and I have gained so many great ideas from all of you, as well as some great advice.

The one thing I realized is that I spend less time for “ME” time. I don’t mean leaving Selena somewhere or with someone and going shopping, or out with the girls, that just really isn’t me. I have realized, I have let my reading for “ME” go on the side. Sure I take time everyday to read from the Bible, and I read to Selena all the time, but what about the time I always spent just reading for “ME”?

Well, this is going to change. I have been thinking about this for sometime now. Hence I have decided to start reading again, taking that extra time every evening to sit down and read for “ME”. I am going to be adding a new section for What I Am Reading, complete with reviews. Now I realize that my books are not going to always fit into the theme of my blog here, but oh well. I thought of just making a blog for my book reviews, but as some of you know I already have a private blog just for me. While I will share some of what I am reading over there, it is a private blog, and I truly want to share what I am reading, and maybe even do some book giveaways of some of the books I read. With the other blog being private, I have finally come to the conclusion that I will just do many of my book reviews here.

My thought here within our home as well, as Selena loves to read, yet her evenings have become more of a time when she is bouncing around, which don’t get me wrong children need time to burn off energy, but once she gets bouncing she bounces more, then starts fighting sleep. I have decided to dedicate evening time to quiet activities, she can play with play dough, read, do art, some computer time, and I will spend time reading for me.

Well, there you have it. Look for some book reviews here, and should you find something of interest that I am reading, let me know, who knows I might just do a book giveaway for Mom’s.

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I did this recently - although I created a separate book blog - and I highly recommend it. It's so nice to have something that motivates me to read more. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also plan to make more time for myself next year, but in my case I plan to spend this time doing some exercise. Let's hope that we can make it happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on making time for yourself! I also keep a private blog and find myself conflicted with what to share on which blog. An important thing I had to realize was that my blogs are for ME, so whatever I choose to put on them shouldn't matter to anyone else and I needn't worry about fitting into a theme. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your book reviews! I love reading and am always looking for a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I for one look forward to hearing about what you're reading. And if it doesn't fit the theme of this blog, then too bad for those people, it's your blog (I sometimes feel that way with some of my posts, so I understand what you're saying).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to learning about the books you are reading next year. I used to be an avid reader, now, it seems as though the only literature I read relates to babies and/or toddlers.

    Using play doh to help tell stories is such a great idea. Selena's fish family story is so sweet.

    Play doh is a favourite in our house. It is one activity that lasts for at least twenty minutes, usually longer.

    I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas, full of beauty, peace and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone's comments on posting what you want, where you want!

    Good, very good for you making time for you!! I need to be better about this too.

    I am very interested to see what you read as well:-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need time for yourself and reading a book is a great way to do that! Can't wait to see what you will be reading.

    ReplyDelete